Season Tickets allow you to park in Medway’s long-stay car parks and on street ‘pay and display’ areas all day.
Season Tickets cannot be used to park in any short-stay car park or on street ‘pay and display’ areas.
Your season ticket does not guarantee a parking space.
Your season ticket is not transferable and must be surrendered to Medway Council if:
- You cease to be the owner or driver of the vehicle the ticket is registered to
- The ticket becomes illegible, mutilated or defaced
Displaying your season ticket
The ticket is only valid if displayed in a visible position on the front windscreen of your vehicle. In the case of a vehicle not fitted with a front windscreen (e.g. motorcycles) the permit must still be placed in a visible position where details on the permit can be easily checked.
A Penalty Charge Notice will be issued for not displaying a valid permit or not displaying it clearly so it can be checked.
Use of your season ticket
Your season ticket may only be used in Medway’s long-stay car parks and on street ‘pay and display’ areas. Full details of the car parks that can be used can be found on this website.
You must ensure that your season ticket is valid at all times. Although renewal notices will be issued to you one month before expiry, this notice should not be relied upon.
Refunds may be issued for season tickets.
The ticket must be returned with a refund request to Parking Services, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR.
The amount to be refunded will be calculated from the date the returned ticket is received by us, minus a £15 admin fee.
If you move address or change your vehicle, you can change your season ticket for free. Find out more about this on our ‘change your ticket details’ page.
- We reserve the right to cancel a season ticket if the information provided on the application form is proved to be false.
- We reserve the right to cancel a season ticket if we deem it is being misused. We will write to you before the ticket is withdrawn.
- If any vehicle is seen to be displaying a cancelled season ticket, a Civil Enforcement Officer will issue a fine called a Penalty Charge Notice.
Declaring your information
- It is an offence to give false or misleading information when applying for a season ticket. If you do so, you may be prosecuted and could face a fine of up to £2500.
- It is also an offence to mishandle or fake a parking permit. You could be sent to court and if prosecuted, could face a maximum fine of £5000 or 2 years imprisonment.