Apply for free school transport
What you need to know
- You can state whether you’d prefer a bus pass, rail pass or fuel allowance as the most suitable means of travel for your child. We will, however, base our decision on what is the most value for money.
- You will be notified within four weeks if your child has been granted free transport.
What you need
- You must upload a passport-sized photograph of your child for their travel card. This photo must be of their head and shoulders and not include anything that covers their face, such as sunglasses.
What you might need
- If you are applying based on low income, you will need to provide proof of benefit
- If you are applying based on faith, you will need to provide the name of your child’s church and the name and contact details of the vicar or priest.