ALPHA This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Apply for your child to move school

Start now

What you need to know:

  • One application must be made per child
  • You should not apply more than 6 weeks before a school place is needed (except if you are service personnel or Crown servant)
  • The address you provide must be where your child lives permanently or, in the case of separated families, the address where they spend most school nights
  • Do not use this application form if your child has special educational needs or an education health care plan. You will need the SEN application form
  • You should receive a response within 15 school days

What you might need:

  • If the child is in public care you’ll need to give the name of the council or provide a copy of the adoption order
  • If you are service personnel or Crown servant you will need to provide proof of posting
  • If you are moving house you will need to provide proof of the move, such as a tenancy agreement or exchange of contract.